Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 30 min
Number of ingredients: 4
Average Glycemic Index Rating of Ingredients: 22.33
When people choose to practice a diet consisting of low glycemic foods, often this is combined with heavy exercise. The result, when you combine this with the busy schedules and activity-packed days of most ordinary working people, is a feeling of physical exhaustion. This is a problem when you consider that most low GI meals require preparation and cooking. After all processed foods and drive-thru meals are just about always high GI. So you need meals like this one, the Liquid Aminos Stir Fry. It’s very simple, only a few ingredients, and takes just a little over half an hour to prepare.
The key that gives this recipe it’s flavor is the liquid aminos. This is a healthier alternative to soy sauce. It contains much less sodium than soy sauce, and most brands have over 20 important amino acids, which are the building blocks for protein. This is yet another benefit of this meal as part of a lifestyle that incorporates low GI foods and rigorous physical exercise.
The best part is that the ingredients create an amazing combination of sweet (that’s right, sweet, even though it’s log GI) and savory. This is something that you’ll most likely want to prepare for dinner on a week night. Maybe you’ve already gone to work and worked out, and done a number of other chores and obligations for family. But with this, you’ll still be able to have a satisfying meal that will keep your weight loss or fat burning goals in tact.
This recipe serves 2.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound of sliced carrots
- 12 ounces of fresh green beans, cut into one inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons of liquid aminos
- Cook chicken breast in pan (use calorie free olive oil cooking spray if you have it). Make sure to cook thoroughly.
- While the chicken is cooking, and in a separate pan, also using olive oil cooking spray, cook the sliced carrots for about 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced green beans and liquid aminos
- Cook the veggies until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the carrots are less than crunchy
- Combine chicken breast and veggies into bowl, and eat while piping hot. Enjoy!