Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Number of ingredients:10
Average Glycemic Index Rating of Ingredients: 17.14
Low glycemic recipes like this Mexican Goulash are beneficial for weight loss and taste delicious. My grandmother had the tendency to prepare dinners that were a hodgepodge of whatever she had in the kitchen at time. These dishes she lovingly referred to as “Goulash”. So with this phenomenal low glycemic recipe, we’ve created our own goulash of low glycemic ingredients, namely fresh veggies, and added delicious Mexican ingredients. The end result is amazing flavor that fits right in line with your low glycemic-based health goals. Enjoy!
- 1-3 lbs Chicken breast, chopped
- Shredded cabbage, a good amount 🙂
- Shredded carrots, a good amount 🙂
- Minced garlic, a couple cloves
- 1/4 of an onion, chopped
- 2-4 Avocados, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced or diced
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped finely
- 1 jalapeño, chopped (if you like spice)
- Cook chicken breast in pan (use calorie free olive oil cooking spray if you have it). Make sure to cook thoroughly.
- Cook garlic, shredded carrots, cabbage, jalapeño in another pan. These you can cook to the consistency of your liking.
- Take cooked chicken and cooked veggies out of pans and combine in a serving bowl.
- Add sliced avocado, tomato, onions, and cilantro.
- Squeeze in juice from the lime, stir it up or not, scoop into bowls, enjoy 🙂