Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: n/a
Number of ingredients: 8
Average Glycemic Index Rating of Ingredients: 15.71
This is not just any salad. It is the best salad ever, and it’s low glycemic. The key is not only the fresh veggies and deliciously savory ground turkey. It’s the unique mixture of jarred pepperoncinis, and the slightly acidic, vinegar based goodness in the juice from the jar, and how it combines with the hummus to form an amazing fusion dressing. Plus the acid from the pepperoncini juice will help lower the glycemic load of the salad even more. Not only is the taste unique and amazing, but it’s also made only of ingredients that are low on the glycemic index. Put all these factors together, and the net result is the best salad ever. The best part about this is that, if a low glycemic diet is right for you, you can eat as much of this as you want since it is free of processed and refined sugars.
- Lean ground turkey (Usually comes in a minimum one pound package, which serves 4 for this recipe.)
- One head of celery, chopped
- Chopped romain lettuce, how ever much you want 🙂
- One tomato, chopped
- 1/2 of an avocado, sliced
- 1/2 of a cucumber, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons of hummus
- 2-4 tablespoons of shredded pepperoncinis
- Heat chopped celery on the stove over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until thoroughly cooked.
- Combine lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, and cucumbers in bowl.
- Add turkey and celery mixture once it is finished cooking.
- Add hummus and pepperoncinis, include some of the juice from the pepperoncini jar.